2/07/2006

 

Not very agree with the book "object technology"

I am reading the textbook we will use at the TWU. One of them is "object technology: a manager's guide". It is a great book trying to explain why object matters to bussiness issue. But I am not very agree with the book after reading the first chapter. So I will keep updating my view as moving to the rest. The reason I am not convinced by the book is that I don't think objects in programming should be told to they are just like the objects in the nature. According to my own experience, they are quite different. In my opinion, the objects in the programming world are the projection of the objects in the real world bounded in the context of the problem. If we treat different objects the same, we are tending to make the one object really complex to address all the possible roles they are possible to play in the nature, which is not the exactly way in which we programme. Instead, we should set the problem context first, then analyse the objects inside the context, and then design objects to reflect the real world. So, I think "object technology" is somewhat not that right.

Comments:
The objects in a system should mirror the real world only to the extent that such mirroring aids the functionality under development.
 
yes, that is what I mean
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]